SRWare Iron is an easy-to-use web browser designed to offer an improved alternative to the well-known Google Chrome. It provides its users with the same features as Chrome, but it eliminates some privacy and security problems. What makes SRWare Iron different from Chrome is solving some privacy issues.
Iron has an easy to use and built-in adblocker which can be configured by a single file.
The User-Agent in Iron can be flexiblel and permanently changed by UA.ini.
In addition to this, this browser can disable functions such as the URL-Tracker. Comparism of Iron and Chrome at privacy:
Does not exist in Iron:
- A copy of Google Chrome includes a generated installation number which will be sent to Google after the installation and the first usage. It gets deleted when Chrome checks first time for updates.If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome. Does not exist in Iron
- Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line,this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions. Does not exist in Iron
- Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the adress bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers. Does not exist in Iron
- Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers. Does not exist in Iron
- This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded. Does not exist in Iron
- Chrome installs a updater, which loads at every Windows in background. Does not exist in Iron
- Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background. Does not exist in Iron.
Supported Operation Systems:
- Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3
Homepage : https://www.srware.net/en/
Changelog : https://www.srware.net/forum/