LameXP is a GUI for the LAME MP3-encoder. LAME gives you the best possible quality/compression, provides lots of function and works very fast.LAME gives you the best possible quality/compression, provides lots of function and works very fast. The original LAME mp3-encoder is aviable from the official homepage (www.mp3dev.org), but it's only aviable as a console-application. Such console-applications are very flexible, but most users prefer to work with GUI (graphical user interface) applications.
LameXP is a GUI for the LAME mp3-encoder, that makes it much more comfortable to use LAME. Using LameXP is very easy, because the user-interface has been desingned as simple as possible and it uses the new WindowsXP style.
• Creates MP3 (MPEG 1.0 Audio-Layer III) files
• Provides a graphical user-interface for WindowsXP
• Provides the highest possible MP3 quality/compression-rate
• Supports PCM Wave-Audio files, MP3 files and raw PCM files
• Supports bitrate-based and quality-based compression
• Supports variable bitrate MP3 files and avarge bitrate encoding
• Supports Mono, Stereo, Joint Stereo and Dual Mono
• Supports ID3 Tags (ID3v1 and ID3v2)
• Supports Resampling and Stereo/Mono Downmixing
• Supports various encoder quality/speed modes
Homepage : http://muldersoft.com/#lamexp
Documentation : http://lamexp.sourceforge.net/doc/Manual.html