Free Download Manager
Download managers are no longer a novelty for power PC users, since they can make the difference between waiting minutes or whole hours for a download to complete, as well as resuming it when the connection breaks down. Among these tools, Free Download Manager (FDM) is one of the best when it comes to both cost and efficiency.
Schedule your download processes
Download managers have developed a lot, so that most of them rely on basically the same set of features, so the main differences between these programs have come down to the interface and the way they interact with browsers.
Its interface is well organized and structured, so less experienced users will be able to find their way around it without any hassle, while experts can configure it as they see fit.
Since it competes among the best, Free Download Manager comes with support for torrents, a download scheduler, detailed file information as well as the ability to download Flash videos. In addition, it features an advanced organizer for storing downloaded files in distinct folders.
Easily convert media files
One of the features that sets Free Download Manager apart from other similar software is the fact that it contains a media converter - although it supports only common formats (AVI, FLV, WMV, MEPG, MP4 and MP3), it does come in handy to be able to encode a video within the same app used for downloading it.
Personalize connection and post-process settings
Furthermore, users can also extract the contents of the archives they download within the app or even perform a virus check using the antivirus solution installed on the computer. Users who rely on dial-up connection can choose to automatically 'hang up' after a download has completed, thus keeping their costs at a minimum.
The Optimization Master is ideal for those who prefer to allow the application to choose the appropriate settings for their connection speed. The export and import functions are useful for saving settings and download lists for later use.
All in all, Free Download Manager is a keeper since it has all the features one might require from such a software. Moreover, it does not stress your CPU every time you start a new download. You easily accommodate with all features put at your disposal due to the friendly interface, proving to be a practical application overall.
• Download files using BitTorrent protocol
Enhanced audio/video files support:
• Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download
• Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously, allowing you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed. With FDM download speed increases, or even more
Resuming broken downloads:
• When the downloading process is interrupted, you needn't start from the beginning again. Free Download Manager can resume broken download from where it was interrupted saving your time, nerves and money
Adjusting traffic usage:
• There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
• A more streamlined UI with a friendlier approach to configuration
Homepage : https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32/64-bit) and XP
Supported languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, Danish, Chinese