How To Change & Restore Desktop Icons In Windows 10
Changing the default icon from Windows 10 is easy in Windows 10. You can change desktop icons without editing system files or installing third-party icon packs. You can follow these steps.
Change Desktop Icons
1. Right-click on an empty spot on the desktop and then click Personalize to Personalization category of Settings app.
2. Click on Themes and see in the Related settings section, click Desktop icon settings link to open Desktop Icon Settings dialog.
3. Click on a desktop icon to select it. Click Change button, and then click Browse button to choose your icon for the selected desktop icon.
Make sure you choose the icon in .ico format. Otherwise it won't change your icons.
4. Browse to the .ico file, select the file, and then click the Open button. Click OK button. Finally, click Apply button to apply the new icon.
Restore Desktop Icons
1. Navigate to Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop Icon Settings.
2. Choose a desktop icon which you want to reset to default. Click Restore Default button.
3. Click Apply button and that's it !